Mentors serve as role models and help young people feel confident about their future.
The Marygrove Mentoring Program is designed to provide youth with adult mentors through a community-based service. The role of a mentor is to be a friend to a child. Through regular contact with their mentor, the child will have the security of knowing someone cares for him or her. Mentors are encouraged to connect with their mentee by talking, playing games or going on outings.
- be 20 years of age or older
- make a one-year commitment to mentor a youth by spending one day a month with mentee with weekly contact
- pass a criminal background check conducted by Marygrove
- have a current driver’s license, auto insurance and a good driving record
- attend orientation and quarterly training and activities
Please contact Courtney Noto, Director of Development, at 314.830.6209 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to request additional information.