Mentors serve as role models and help young people feel confident about their future.
The Marygrove Mentoring Program is designed to provide youth with adult mentors through a community-based service. The role of a mentor is to be a friend to a child. Through regular contact with their mentor, the child will have the security of knowing someone cares for him or her. Mentors are encouraged to connect with their mentee by talking, playing games or going on outings.
- Must be 20 years of age or older
- Must make a one-year commitment to mentor a youth by spending one day a month with mentee with weekly contact and participation in occassional group activities
- Must pass a criminal background check conducted by Marygrove
- Must attend and participate in Marygrove’s mentor training
- Must have a current driver’s license, auto insurance and a good driving record
For additional information please contact Joe Mueller, Director of Mentoring, at 314-830-6251 or email@example.com.